Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just So (just a little late)

I’m a little particular about a few things. Okay, well, maybe everything. One thing that I’m really funny about is holidays. I like them to be just so.
We met a few friends downtown for St. Patrick’s day and I couldn’t help but getting so agitated by people’s festive attire. Doesn’t everyone know that you have to wear green for St. Patrick’s Day. Okay, it was a Monday so maybe you forgot when you woke up, but seriously people, you are going out to celebrate, slap on a little green.
You know what really drives me crazy? When people will point to a tiny green stripe on their shirt and think that’s an excuse to avoid a pinch. Huh uh. Not cutting it.
Unfortunately, my obsession over what is an appropriate celebration of the holiday isn’t limited to just wearing green, but the actual shade of green. Since you asked (okay, maybe you didn’t but it’s my blog so I’ll just tell you anyway), I prefer Kelly green, followed by lime, and then if you must, hunter. I’m sorry folks, olive is not your magically delicious choice for St. Patty’s Day. You’d better watch out, cause next year my pinchers will be ready.

No comments: