Wednesday, July 30, 2008

run run run run runaway

Thanks to Jules who told me about Janes on the Run. I am not a runner...seriously, I only run when chased. However, I have a goal to run a 5K before I turn 30 next May. I realize this is a pretty weak goal. I know a lot of folks are trying to run a marathon or at least a half, but not me. I can't run a mile. Yet. On October 4th I'm going all the way.

I tried running a couple of years ago with a friend. She had a great program for us and I was doing it like a rock star, until I got the flu. I was sick for a week and weak for a month and by that time my friend had passed me by.

So, I'm trying again. I wasn't able to do the initial test to see what I could do, but I just told the coach to sign me up for the easiest program. I have asthma and pacing is difficult for me in the beginning, so I think that's just right.

I have an appointment with a new doctor (time to get one in town) on Tuesday. I'm hoping we won't even need to look at my foot because it'll be so much better by the, but I kind of doubt it. The cut is still pretty deep and I can barely walk on it.

Send happy thoughts my way. I'm nervous, but I'm also stoked. The coolest part-the run is a women's only and it benefits breast cancer.

1 comment:

Jules said...

You can do it!!! I know you can.

I tried to find yo last night...but if you were there you know it was a MADHOUSE.

DUDE, when is started this my goal was a 5k...you have to start somewhere. and if you have never done anything, a 5k is a BIG deal!!

Hope your foot gets better soon.