Sunday, November 16, 2008

blowing rock

I just got home from an amazing girl's weekend in Blowing Rock. I went up on Friday and had a great time with one of my closest friends since middle school, Maggie. Maggie and I bummed around and caught up while we waited for the other ladies to arrive.

On Friday night, Mags treated us to homemade chili...yum and we gossiped and looked at magazines. We're all reconnecting with our inner teen and reading the Twilight books. Are you familiar with these? They're too fun, though I wouldn't actually let my own teen read them-the girl needs to learn to like herself before she gets all infatuated with a boy, let alone a vampire or a werewolf, however, since I'm grown up and able to recognize that, I'm eating it up!

On Saturday, we woke up and went to Stick Boys in Boone, NC for some amazing cinnamon rolls. Afterward we ventured into the village of Blowing Rock for a little shopping and some Kilwin's ice cream-while the snow sprinkled around us :).
, I'm pretty conservative about shopping, but this time I had a blast and really enjoyed using my debit card! Then, we headed to the outlets and I was so thankful to Chloe for sharing her friends and family link. I actually forgot mine at home, but stopped at Kinkos on the way up there to use the computer to print another. I did some serious damage at Gap and Banana Republic, but a couple of the things I bought weren't actually for me. That makes it all okay, right?!

Last night, we had big plans to try a new restaurant, but left the outlets to find cold cold rain falling. We quickly did a 180 and decided to order Outback to go (so we wouldn't even have to get out of the car!) We enjoyed some fruity drinks and the Sex and the City movie. It was perfect.

This morning we woke up to SNOW! I'm getting excited about the cooler weather and the holiday season. However, I'm still not ready for Christmas music. The Friday after Thanksgiving though? Game on!

On the way home, I found gas for $1.93...sweet!

1 comment:

Evelyn Coleman said...

This makes me want to have a reunion!