Friday, November 14, 2008

game time

I'm still working on my posts about two weekends ago. I want to do the kids justice and blogger was moving slowly so I couldn't get the pictures I wanted loaded up. In the mean time I'll share a little tid bit from last weekend. Here's a shot of me and hubs at the Wake Forest/UVA football game last weekend.





We had a good time. I'll admit that I'm not a huge sports fan. I'm more excited about the experience, but we had a great experience....hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos, t-shirts, people watching. A good time was had by all. We ended up sitting in the student section. You know we realized? It's been a long time since college. Sure, just 7 years since we graduated, but that feels like a lifetime. I couldn't have felt more removed from that place in my life. I enjoyed watching, but was so thankful to be out of that world. The girls were dressed ridiculously for November and it was cold. Those Rainbows and strapless dresses (some of them from the Lilly summer collection-seriously?) did not cut it in that wind. Luckily those girls had pregamed with a little liquid courage, so they were able to brave the elements.

One funny incident. At one point, two very drunk frat boys were tossing a football across the crowd. The police came up to check things out and remove them from the crowd. I was just taking it all in when I heard the crowd booing. Not one to miss the fun of the "experience", I joined in the booing. Freddie gave me a very disapproving look and scolded me. I thought he was disappointed with my sportsmanship, until I realized that I was booing at the cops---who were about two feet from me. Sorry, Officer, my bad.

2 comments:

MMM said...

Amanda, check my blog and please email me at magnoliasmarriageandmanhattan@ gmail dot com with your info! =) Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chica,
I will keep making these adorable stockings as long as people want/need them.