Sunday, November 23, 2008

vamped

Last night was all about the vampires. We went to see Twilight. I was afraid hubs might be resistant since I used every ounce of my free time during our florida trip for HIS 30th birthday to read the book, but he obliged. I finished the final story in the series on Friday afternoon. I wanted to be sure to finish out the story before I allowed Hollywood to encroach on my own imagination, just in case they didn't do it justice. I thought they did a good job though. I have previously been on Team Jacob, but was willing to switch my allegiance during the film because Edward was pretty cute. Freddie even liked it. He enjoyed the fight scene and the running and jumping, typical boy. He even made me tell him the plots for the other three books because, let's be honest, he's not going to read them.

When we got home, we watched the first episode of True Blood OnDemand. I've caught bits and pieces on HBO, but thought I should see the first episode to understand what was going on. So far, I'm not impressed. I'll give it another shot, but it seemed a little hokey and some of the story line seemed to be ripped straight from the pages of Twilight.

3 comments:

Evelyn Coleman said...

I still haven't made it through the other books. I'm curious about your Team Jacob allegiance, since I'm solidly with Edward. Of course, I've only read the first one.

I've seen the first few episodes of True Blood. Once I got past the southern accents, I liked it pretty well. The books on which it's based came out before Twilight, but I think vampire lore is just so common that sometimes it all seems the same.

You make me want to get to reading!

Joy said...

I'm so glad to hear that it was good! I'm seeing it Tuesday!!!! I can't wait.

Jules said...

Girl!! How you BEEEENNN???
Miss seein you!