Wednesday, October 08, 2008

what a quack

I recently inquired about hospitalization insurance from Aflac. A friend of mine told me she used this to cover her hospital stay when she had a baby and was very pleased. I filled out a form online and this is the communication I have received since.

#1


thank you for your intrest in the aflac line of products

i am
xxxxxx xxxxxxx
123 4567
your local agent
please contact me to set an appointment

thanks in advance


#2

our products pay directly to you

they are considered suppliments to normal health insurance and can be valuable for income when needed

thanks agn

#3

please contact me asap
i'm sure we can provide the coverage you desire


After the first e-mail, I told her I wasn't interested. So, she sent the second, which I ignored. Today, I received the third, so I finally told her that I was still interested in the product, but would rather work with someone else. I told her I wasn't impressed with her professionalism because her e-mails were full of errors. Is that how you get someone to build confidence in you? I think not. I try not to be a snob, but that is just ridiculous. I didn't edit these messages (except the first with her name and number). I copied them directly. She probably sent them from a phone, but there was nothing to indicate that and if so, couldn't she save some professional messages to just send out later? These seem fairly canned.

1 comment:

Mrs. Fabulous said...

I can hardly believe your post! WOW! Good for you for sending that email to the Aflac lady. Sending unprofessional emails is one of my biggest pet peeves!

Did she ever respond back to you??