Wednesday, April 11, 2007

as if life weren't already difficult enough...

We're in the process of buying a new home. I'm also in the process of wrapping up my job, securing a new job, working 3 other jobs, planning a wedding, planning a honeymoon, trying not to get taken into custody by the IRS, and trying to sort and pack and toss my stuff, so life is a little bit stressful right now.

Late last week and early this week, we completed the process of loan preapproval. This is a good thing, and while the banks initially thought we were good for several hundred thousand dollars more than we did, we decided to use our own good sense and go for something semi reasonable. So, now we just have to find the perfect house. We're really wide open on this one, which our realtor loves, I'm sure. Between the two of us, we'll be working in three cities, and there's a fourth city in between, so our options are pretty open. We want something with space, character, and charm, and a low price tag. Easy enough, right? Wrong. We've learned in this process that my fiance does not want a fixer upper, though I have great aspirations of starting my own home flipping show. So, last night we ruled out the house where I knew I would rock my babies to sleep. (I guess I still could, but the owners might find that a little creepy.) Today we're back on listingbook, our local real estate hunting guide.

While all of this is stressful, it's also exciting. I am currently carrying around two large, but lovely flowerpots to sit on the steps we're waiting to purchase. I'm really excited about finding our first place together and making it our own. You know what I am not excited about though?! Someone involved in this whole home buying process has sold my e-mail address!!!!!!! My e-mail address that never gets any spam!!! (Well, I guess it does, but it goes in a little spam filter so I never have to see it, but this spam is elusive spam and it shows up right in my inbox. I know that I have not entered any contests, because I do not give this address out to businesses, it's not the one connected to our Listingbook account, it's not connected to anything, but they keep sending me messages!!! In the course of time it's taken me to write this blog, I've gotten 10 messages. MAKE IT STOP! I thought it was sold by someone involved in the mortgage stuff-because it was all about veterans loans and stuff, but now they're sending me tons of messages about children's clothes and diapers, soon I'll get info about retirement...life is moving too fast, I'm only 27---LEAVE ME ALONE! hmmph.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I don't know what's up, but I've recently started to get a bazillion spam message as well. I never got any until about three weeks ago and then BAM! Now I get about three hundred a day. Make it stop.

DebbieDo said...

My husband and I just moved in January but before that we sold our first place and moved into an apartment for 5 months before our new house was ready. Oh man the stress of packing and unpacking and packing again. You can totally handle it. Take a deep breath, it sounds like you have a lot going on with the wedding, the job, etc. It will all work out, just don't forget to take care of yourself.