Monday, April 09, 2007

newsy

What a better way to honor the gift of the savior than by getting some serious stuff checked off the wedding list? That's how I spent my Good Friday.

After meeting with the florist, we sat down with the woman at our church to discuss our wedding bulletin. I know a lot of girls go DIY on this part of the wedding, but our church will not allow it. After seeing a few of the possibilities out there, I can see why. My mom was the star of the meeting because she'd actually been up all night assisting in labor--yes, like the kind of labor that results in a little tiny baby, or in this case, a nine and a half pound baby. About a month ago one of our ministers, and our friend, had a serious heart condition and has been in the ICU since. His pregnant wife has been busily visiting him and taking care of their other two little boys. My mom and another woman were stand in labor and delivery coaches for the big day. Luckily, Dad had just been moved to a regular room and was allowed to be there for the 20 minutes of actual delivery, but mom had a pretty active role in the whole process, and didn't leave the hospital until 5 am that morning...that made for a pretty eventful day of wedding errands--especially since she compensated for her exhaustion with coffee and little food, and it was quite hot in the alteration shop, but that is a story for a different day!

After standing for an hour in my too tight bridal shoes, uh oh!, my dress is currently being outfitted with a bustle and a skirt that I won't trip over!

And, I've lost 10 pounds!

Also, we may buy a house this week...pretty crazy.

But, the best part of the weekend, besides holding that sweet little baby, we stopped by the Banana Republic outlet and they were had 40% off of EVERYTHING in the store, and we had a coupon for another 20% off! I actually didn't see much I was interested in, but found several pairs of pants for my husband to be. Now there is a slight possibility that he'll be able to go to these wedding events without a massive ink stain on his clothes. :) hooray.

No comments: