Thursday, May 24, 2007

mad for plaid

I recently purchased these shorts for my dear spouse to be.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



However, he refuses to wear them. They've been sitting at his house for two weeks now. I finally asked, "are you going to wear them or not."

The answer, no.

Yesterday, I was wearing a pair of long madras patchwork shorts from American Eagle.
"Do you like my shorts?", I asked.
He said, "Yeah, they're cute."
"See," I said, "you could wear your shorts. You like these."
He replied. "You're a girl. Those shorts are cute---for a girl!"

I tried to consult my roommate, Evelyn about this predicament. She thinks he's not preppy enough to wear those shorts. I maintain that I can make help him be preppy enough. At that moment from the other room you can hear the boy who was watching something crazy on TV shout,

"OH OH OH A Gorilla got out...mumble, mumble, mumble...It's an APE!"

And that's when I realized that this is a battle I will most definitely lose.

4 comments:

Sisters with Style said...

Thanks for stopping by! My husband wouldn't wear shorts like that either, although I've tried. Oh, well.

DebbieDo said...

Haha, looks like we are in the same boat. My B is preppy but not that preppy.

Cheers to 3 Day Weekends!!

Suburban prep said...

My hubby is a conservative preppy dresser but I'd be hard pressed to get him to wear plaid shorts. I think the ones you bought are nice.

Britt said...

I can appreciate that,although he dresses pretty consersative, my FI refuses anything pink or plaid!