Wednesday, February 18, 2009

eww

Here's a post that will make you vomit.

Or, it's at least a story about how I almost did while I was at work today.

I had to help one of our patients wash her clothes. I let her in the laundry room only to find that someone's stuff was already in the washing machine. I was in a hurry, so I just reached in and pulled it out. About three scoops later, it was all in the dryer. But, as I grabbed the last bit of clothing, I heard a scraping noise like there was a piece of change in the machine.

I reached around and found the culprit.

When I pulled my hand out of the washing machine I discovered not a coin, but a tooth. A TOOTH! A HUMAN TOOTH! In. My. Bare. Hand.

2 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

ugh. i would have lost it!

Linda said...

I work in a care center for the elderly. I can't even tell you how many times I have washed teeth and cell phones and hearing aids.
o" the old folks hide salt and pepper shakers in the pillow cases.
Linda Seattle WA