Saturday, February 07, 2009

your mission, should you choose to accept it

Every year when Oscar time comes around, I stay up late. I endure the hours of speeches, dresses, awards for sound, and costumes, and production, and obscure foreign film to see the winners in the Best Actor, Actress, and Film category only to find that the two films I have actually seen will lose. This year, that's not happening.





I'm on a mission. I'm going to see every film on the Best Picture list and I'm working pretty hard to see the films that have a Best Actor or Actress nominee too. Tonight we saw Slum Dog Millionaire. We really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if our friends did, but oh well. I gave them the list of the 5 nominees and that's what they chose. Tomorrow, we're going to see Milk.

I was trying to see three movies this weekend, but Freddie, who isn't as committed to the cause as I am, was only up for 2. However, last night he was trying to convince his friends to come along, so he volunteered to see a movie with me on Sunday to make last night's selection more appealing to the masses. We saw He's Just Not That Into You and his friends didn't actually come. The movie was SO CUTE! I think it was Freddie's first time seeing a major chick flick on opening night. In one particular Judy Blume moment, ALL of the girls in the audience simultaneously said, Awwww, and he was blown away. It was great.

No comments: