Tuesday, July 18, 2006

slam 'em college

For those of you who didn't know, I went to a women's college. Actually I prefer to say girl's school, but I know my fellow alums would not appreciate me saying that, so there you have it. The name of my school was Salem and just like any good institution, we have made quite a name for ourselves...my favorites are Slam 'em college and Salem Sluts.
The most common response I get when people find out that I went to an all female institution is, are a lot of the girl's gay? I usually go into a long explanation of the difference between LUGs and lesbians, or talk about the variety of ways people use college as an opportunity to try on new roles and how Salem is such a small school so you just know more about people than you would somewhere larger, or I try to feel out their theological/political point of view and enlighten them because although I'm a minister, I'm not so much conservative, but ultimately what I realize is that they're not really interested in the sexuality of my peers as much as they're asking whether or not we regularly dressed up in our nighties for an evening of pillow fights and cuddling. The answer to that question is, of course, a resounding, yes!
So my current top friends list is dedicated to the lovely ladies of Salem-good thing the trees are virgin because the ladies sure aren't!

No comments: